Online event: Find out about new innovation funding pilot in England
Join us to discuss your on-farm challenges and solutions with peers; and learn if and how Innovate UK new Research Starter pilot could help
Monday 8th, 6-7.15pm
Thank you very much for joining us on Monday 8th for our Find out about new innovation funding pilot in England webinar.
Here are some follow up resources that might be useful:
- If you couldn’t make it last Monday, or if you’d like to hear from Andy McLay again, we suggest you watch this recording of KTN’s Farming Innovation Programme - Research Starter Pilot. It includes Andy McLay’s presentation, a conversation with two farmers who shared their experiences and a Q&A.
- If you want to learn more about the Research Starter Pilot in general, click here; and if you are interested in accessing the competition brief click here.
- To learn and keep up to date with the different opportunities available through the Farming Innovation Programme, visit the Innovate UK’s website here.
- If you have specific questions about this pilot, and would like some KTN support, feel free to get in touch with Joanna Scales (email@example.com) and/or Lucy Mather (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you have decided to apply, find guidance on how to film and upload your application here. You can also find answer to commonly asked questions.
- If you have an idea, the Innovative Farmers programme might also be of interest. Find out more about it here.
This new fund is dedicated to help explore an idea that could improve farming and solve a long-term practical challenge that benefits your business and the wider community. The Research Starter pilot competition is part of the Farming Innovation Programme which Defra is partnering with UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) on.
Through this pilot programme you can access between £28,000 and £56,000 of total eligible costs to investigate a problem and work out what could best be done about it. The intention is to help grant recipients to get through the early idea development stages to see if the idea has legs and to find the best people to work with to advance it.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Ana Allamand (email@example.com)