Are you a farmer interested in working with other farmers on how to best quantify and monitor farm productivity and food waste?
We have five new field labs starting January 2019 examining farmer-led approaches to better measurement and management of food waste in primary production.
The groups, facilitated by Innovative Farmers and our partners LEAF, will have support from technical sustainability specialists 3Keel, and also the opportunity to apply for grant funding to support their research.
We have opportunities to join groups based in England in the following sectors:
- Apples (dessert)
Farm businesses of all sizes and types across England are welcome to join.
You can book a place to the workshops on:
- Carrots, Norfolk - details to be confirmed
- Wheat, Cambridgeshire - Tuesday 19 March 2019 at 10:00am – 1pm
- Dessert Apples, Hampshire - Wednesday 20 March 2019 at 10:00am – 1pm
- Eggs, Cumbria - Monday 25th March 12.00pm to 3pm
- Tomatoes, Devon - Thursday 11th April 12.00pm to 3pm
There will be an ongoing series of workshops investigating on-farm efficiency, measuring waste management pre-farm gate and identifying waste reduction opportunities.
If you want to get involved contact:
email@example.com or 0117 9874572
The field labs are supported by WRAP and made possible through funding from Defra.